Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mrs.Sonita Williams

So today is my last day of service learning. It's somewhat bitter sweet because the agency I got assigned too is so super sweet. I actually looked forward to coming to my supervisor daily because she was such a radiant and positive lady. Her name, you guess it...Mrs.Sonita Williams! She is the administrator of SU Office of Publications and E.Media. She's so cheerful and bright, always happy. I love this about her because in general I am a pretty pessimistic person. lol  And she likes to HUG!!! So I get free hugs everyday I come see her. haha She makes me smile when I think of her. I am not sure of her exact age but I would guess early 40's...but she has the spirit of a twenty year old! I accidentally broke her mug the first day I worked for her but she didn't even get mad! haha >__< I am such a klutz! Well she has me answering  phone calls on my last day, the most she has ever asked me to do. lol I got her this really cute ZEBRA mug to make up for the one I broke! ( i'll post pic later) I hope she likes it, I included a bottle of nail polish and some gum because those were the 2 things she ever mentioned or asked me for while I was here so I thought it be nice to add it in her little gift bag I made for her. I hope she smiles when she opens it because it's the same exact feeling I get when I open her office door! ^__^ I'll definitely be back for my last 20hrs. How can I not when this lady sits and plays tetris on her computer when there's no mandatory staff meeting! hahaha

oh..she has this wonderful quote on her desk I like to share...because it's so incredibly TRUE!
"SO, DON'T WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST, THERE'S A REASON WHY THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT TO YOUR FUTURE."

2 comments:

Phamtastic said...

That is so sweet of you!! I bet it made her day... 8) you always know how to cheer a person up. I still have that pot from the flowers you bought me that bad day I had while I was at Fabric Warehouse. The flower died by now of course 8(, but my mom planted a new flower in and it's sitting in our bathroom near the bath tub.
Isn't it the best thing ever when you run into positive people? lol That energy is super duper contagious!
Glad to see you're feeling a little better!!

Mimi said...

what class is this? that's awesome that she's super sweet and happy. lord knows there aren't a lot of those people around when it comes to school shit....that is very awesome of you to replace her mug. i know she really loves you now =D