Friday, November 25, 2011

it's so cold outside, but it's colder in your heart

the night air is cold
but the frost surrounding your heart
can not melt away with a spring shower
your words cut like jagged ice
no amount of pride can shield me
your anger is enough to send the devil running
God is my only savior
no matter how much hate you harbor
love will set me free
i am no longer afraid of you
for my silence will over throw you
say what you will
embarrass me to kick me out
your blood may be thick
but believe my water will wash my hands clean of you
today you have lost my respect
and broken these chains that held me hostage
thank you for showing your true colors
i no longer have to pretend
i can not change who you are
i  just wish you could have accepted me
but at the least, i will do that for you
good bye for good
thank you for the lesson
thank you for giving me the courage to walk away