Tuesday, October 26, 2010

what more can i do?

What more can I do? What else can I say?
Your mind is made up, your foot is out the door.
I can feel my heart beating, but the life in me has died.
How could you doubt me, how could you forget?
When did I lead you to not trust me,
when did I abandon you in your time of need?
These questions roam my mind,
like sand across the desert land.
When I see your name,
no longer are the fond memories we once made.
My heart is blacken from the third degree burn,
sent by your very words.
Words that can not be taken back,
words that are now whispers in the wind.
They blow through my hair and ring in my ear.
The echo so strong,
haunting words possible of blowing out my ear.
In my recovery, how will you mend me?
A broken spirit, how to repair?
Is it in you, is it in me?
Where do we go now,
when is it time to give up and leave?
There are still unspoken thoughts,
open wounds, waterfalls of tears.
A place we do not want to revisit,
but we both know we'll be back down that road.
Do we play dumb, do we plug our ears and sing "lah lah lah?"
What more can I do, what more can I say?
I know I'll always love you,
but I can't keep going on hurting this way...

0 comments: